I love my job! When I'm not at the hospital, I'm usually doing in home health with my Alzheimer's lady. But it's not like I work all the time, I'm usually home at nights unless I'm covering someone's shift at the hospital. I looooovvveee working at the hospital! For those of you who don't know, I'm a Psych Tech at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in the Emergency Room! I love Emergency Medicine. I seriously love working in the emergency room. Such a rush. You always have to be on guard. I love it! I work with patients who are ordered by the doctor, or the police to be put on a 1:1 status because they are usually a threat to themselves or to other people (i.e. drug overdoses, suicide attempts, any kind of crisis patient, etc). I really love working with nurses. . . it makes me want to be a nurse even more than I already do! Nurses are awesome, they work their buns off!! I work with such awesome people! They are so friendly and hilarious! I have to admit we laugh a lot! My job is usually one extreme or the other, it's either very boring, or very intense! When it's not intense, there is so many other things going on in the E.R., that I just watch. There's usually always something interesting going on in the E.R.
Life is kind of rough for me lately, I'm pretty sure I have an attitude problem (actually, I'm positive that I have an attitude problem) and I could be having a quarter life crisis ;) So it feels so good just to throw myself into my work. It feels good to go to work and totally immerse yourself, and forget about all of your problems, and focus on your patients problems. It's almost like therapy. It also puts so many things in perspective. Seeing people in the E.R. makes you realize that your problems could always be worse. 12 hour shifts at 6a.m. kind of kill me but it's so worth it!! Also, I basically wear scrubs everyday! It's awesome! So comfy! Not all that flattering but they are comfortable. Except, now when I wear jeans it feels like I'm getting dressed up :p All in all, I'm in love with my job right now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment