Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving and all that comes with it!

I can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving! Wow time really does fly! I love Thanksgiving. I love eating, and get this, I even like cooking when I'm helping someone or they are helping me. Such as the yearly gathering of all of the women cousins (there are only 3 of us, and I'm the youngest girl, we are heavily populated with boys in my family) in which we gather at my grandma's house the day before Thanksgiving and bake all of the pies for Thanksgiving day. Good times. I love the coziness of the holidays. I have to work this Thanksgiving :( but the good news is that I get off at 6pm, so I'm not totally missing out on the feast! I have so much to be thankful for. . . I could list all of the things but it would take up my entire blog. I think most of all this year, I am thankful for people in my life. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I have the coolest people in the universe, in my life. I really do. If you're reading this, I'm probably thankful for you and you probably don't even know it :) I'm also thankful for the simple things. Remember last years Thanksgiving, when my car was broke, my mom's car was broke, my dad didn't have a job, I didn't have a job. . . times were really tough. This year all the cars are running (knock on wood) and life is working out. I'm quite thankful that I have a roof over my head, food in my tummy, heat, electricity, etc. I know, it sounds cheesy, but it's true. There are so many people who don't have the luxuries that I have. I am not rich, but I have a great life. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!!
Do you go black Friday shopping? I never have. I've always wanted to. My mom is soooo not a fan of black Friday shopping. She hates crowds. So when you combine crowds with the EARLY morning, just to save some money, no way, count her out. I've tried and tried to talk her into going with me, but no, she won't have it. This year, finally, me and my wonderful friends are going. Most of them have been before. We are not going to get great deals on the electronics, we are simply going to watch. Watch all of the crazy women that take people down just to get that camera, tv, xbox, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we will buy movies or something. But we aren't going to get a specific thing. We are soooo excited to watch the madness. You're thinking, "you would really wake up at 4:00am just to get a good laugh?" You bet. Any day. I'm sure we will get a good laugh and get some good deals on Christmas gifts! Have you seen the Target Black Friday commercials? Well, they make me laugh. . . REALLY hard. If you haven't seen them, watch them below. . . seriously, watch them. They are awesome! (Scroll to the bottom of my blog and pause the music before pressing play on the video.)





No comments: