
After a long, nice, needed weekend, my week gets crazy. I finish school (lots of final tests with the state to get certified as an official nurse assistant) and I start a new job! Tomorrow is a big day. I have orientation for my new job! So I don't actually start my new job tomorrow, because I will be training for the next couple of days but still, it gives me butterflies in my stomach! All day orientation tomorrow, 7:45am-4:30pm then I must go right to school from 5:00pm-9:00pm. But school is almost over, yay! It will be a long day tomorrow and I'm quite nervous. New jobs are nerve racking. But I am glad to just get the first couple training/orientations out of the way so I can actually start working at the hospital! For those of you who don't know, I got a new job at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in the Emergency Room. I will be working as a Psych Tech a.k.a, I work with patients who are suicide risks, drug overdoses, anyone who is a threat to themselves or anyone else. Did I mention it's in the E.R.? I'm soooo excited!!! A goal I have had for a very long time now is to work at Utah Valley Hospital in Provo and work for Intermountain Healthcare and I've finally reached that goal. Of course, my goal is to be a nurse there, and it will come, in time. I'm just a tech right now, but at least I got my foot in the door! I have to brag, just a little!!! But I definitely have butterflies for orientation tomorrow. New things can be scary! But hopefully, all will go well tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment