Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SUGARtrip! 2010 SugarLand Concert!!!

*WARNING*
This post is totally overloaded with pictures, text, and video. I wrote a lot and I posted a lot of pictures but it's because we had SO MUCH FUN!!!

The much anticipated SugarLand concert was on Friday, May 7th. We've been looking forward to this concert for months. It's really hard to get 10th row tickets. . . but we did (thanks for helping us out Gram). And they didn't even cost a fortune. We had SO MUCH FUN. We headed up to Salt Lake quite early to the concert. We ate dinner and then headed over to the E Center. A lot of radio stations were in the parking lot giving away many different prizes, front row tickets, backstage passes, meet & greets, etc. So we hung out with the radio stations for quite awhile. It was really fun. One of the radio stations (Kbull) filmed and took pictures of our awesome t-shirts that we made for the concert and pointed us out to the huge crowd! (There is a video of us from the radio station's website but it won't/ I don't know how to put it on my blog. It's on my facebook page, if you're interested.) Also, they did a game where you call in to one of the radio stations cell phones and if you get through and are a certain caller you win something. Well Caecee got through and won Julianne Hough (opening act) meet & greets! It was awesome! They only gave us two meet & greet tickets and since there was three of us, I made Katie and Caecee go in! So it was about 6:45pm and the concert didn't start until 7:30pm but Caecee and Katie had to go do their meet & greet no later than 6:45pm. So they headed in to the building and I stayed and hung out by the radio stations for awhile. I was going to meet up with Amanda and some other friends who were also attending the concert but she wasn't there yet. So then I was going to meet up with Debbie and Jodi who were also coming to the concert but they weren't there yet either. Bummer. So I walked around by myself, getting a lot of attention with my fluorescent pink signs and my homemade t-shirt.
I finally decided to go into the arena and found my seat. It did take me a very long time to get to the floor of the arena to get to my seat. I couldn't find a row that went all the way down to the floor! With like 5 workers help I finally found my seat. I then began to literally "FREAK OUT" because I couldn't believe how close our seats were.10th row is a lot closer than I thought. And I was right on the inside isle. So basically I was smack dab in the middle of the floor on the 10th row. I had I straight shot to the stage, it was sweet. I was shaking so bad almost started crying! I was so happy! It was exactly the feeling like being 5 years old on Christmas morning (minus the celebration of Jesus' birth). Shortly after I sat down and got my freaking out under control, Caecee and Katie came and sat down. They said their meet & greet with Julianne Hough was cool but they had to wait like a half hour for a 2 second picture with her, but they said it was pretty awesome.While waiting for the concert to start we were goofing off taking pictures of ourselves, waving to our other friends in the arena, making friends with those sitting around us, etc. I do have to say that the people sitting around us were awesome. Most concerts you have some drunk person being super obnoxious next to you but even though there were a few obnoxious drunk people around us, the row in front of us and the row in back of us were super cool and we made friends.
The concert started. . . Danny Gokey and Julianne Hough were the opening acts. They did well, I was entertained even though I didn't know any of their songs. Julianne Hough has a great voice but here are my two suggestions for her: 1. Put some pants on, we don't want to see your chotch 2. Stop pole dancing. -Other than that, she was great. We couldn't say too much about her immodesty because her whole family (She's from Utah) was sitting across from us. While waiting for SugarLand to set up, random people around us kept asking if they could take our pictures because they loved our shirts. So. . . now, Caecee, Katie, and I are all over the World Wide Web because of our mad t-shirt making skills, we think we should be famous. Who knows who has a picture of us on their camera, but we're cool with it, we made lots of friends.
The lights dimmed and the arena's volume went up about 20 notches when we knew SugarLand was coming out. Caecee, Katie, and I freaked out. I thought I was going to pass out because I got myself so darn excited! They began playing their opening song (Wide Open) but a curtain with holes in it was up so we couldn't see them, just hear them. Every time you thought the curtain was going to drop, it wouldn't. They dropped it in the middle of the song at the most unexpected time. Everyone went ballistic. (I have a video of it and some other videos but blogger takes way too long to upload videos, so I'm not going to post them, but you can imagine!) It was awesome! The set was A M A Z I N G. Their tour was titled "The Incredible Machine" which will be the title of a new cd they come out with in the Fall. But the set had a huge bridge and a bunch of gears, cogs, nuts, bolts, steam machines, etc. that of resembling a machine. It was by far the coolest stage set up I've ever seen at a concert. It was like a Broadway play stage or something.
As we held up our signs that we made which said "We Love SugarLand" and they even glowed in the dark. We got a shout out from the lead singer, Jennifer Nettles, she said that she loved us too and the other lead singer, Kristian Bush who was smack dab in front of us most of the show smiled and pointed at us. They even showed our awesome signs on the jumbo tron so they entire arena could see.
The concert was AMAZING. Seriously one of the very best concerts that I've been too, and I've been to a lot of concerts. Jennifer Nettles was so entertaining, you never got bored. She was very witty and made a great connection with the audience. Also, her dance moves were hilarious, not to mention that her voice is incredible! They played all of their major hits of course. They even played quite a bit of new songs that aren't released yet. Jennifer Nettles also "remixed" a few songs together with her own song. She did a little medley with their song, Everyday America along with some Beyonce' and Miley Cyrus. She also did a few cover songs from the 80's like Blondie's Heart of Glass. We had SO MUCH FUN. Being on the 10th row was awesome, we were so close that the stage lights shined on us as well. We seriously made eye contact with Jennifer and Kristian many times. I've never really sat that close at a concert that you could literally see their eyeballs! Such a fun, entertaining, amazingly talented night.
I am sad that the concert is over, we've been looking forward to it for so long. But we had such a blast. We were screaming so load the entire concert and dancing like crazy. We came home on a "sugar" high, hard of hearing, and a few pulled muscles from dancing! I wish I could write every little detail but I've already wrote a very long blog post, all in all, it was a FANTABULAR concert.
Enjoy the pictures. . . I would post video, but like I said it takes a long time on blogger so I'll throw in a few videos from the Utah concert, but I didn't take them but they are from my concert. I wish I could post the video that we're in from the radio station, but I can't I also wish it wouldn't take so long for me to post my videos off of my camera but I just don't have the patience. Also, the pictures are dark and fuzzy, my camera doesn't do well in dark concerts actually, I think it's me not knowing how to use it but I got a few good ones.
Sorry for the overload of pictures and video but enjoy. . .

The front of our fabulous shirts that we made.

The back of our fabulous shirts that we made.

Way cool stage set.

Right before SugarLand came out. . . the anticipation was awesome!


Not sure how this picture got in here, it's not from my concert but it's a cool pic.

Our AWESOME signs that we made that got us on the jumbo tron and got us a shout out. The letters even glow in the dark.

Kristian Bush (left), Jennifer Nettles (right) make up the duo of SugarLand.

She was hitting some insane notes.

Before the concert goofing off, we were excited.


Being nerds.

We're REALLY excited if you can't tell.

Having fun!

The entire band doing an acoustic song.




Danny Gokey

Julianne Hough


Below are two videos of two new songs. The first video is of a new song titled "The Incredible Machine. The second video is of a new song titled "Stand Up". My videos are of more up beat songs including the remix and my videos have better sound quality but because it takes so long to upload on blogger, these will have to do because they are much faster to upload. They're from the same concert, but I personally didn't film these videos, they're still pretty good, we were just a few rows back from where these videos were filmed!! (Make sure to scroll to the bottom of my blog page and pause the music before pressing play on the videos).




No comments: