Alright, alright, facebook. Facebook and I have a love/hate relationship. I think that it is quite scary that most people have facebook. It's too "futuristic" to me. I like technology but this is a little over the edge I think. Yet, I have a facebook account. It is great to stay in touch with people that live far away and it is certainly great for high school/college students. Here are my issues with facebook/my rules for facebook:
1. Do not send me a friend request if I've never talked to you in real life, just because we went to high school together does not mean that we are friends, I have very high standards to accept my friend requests on facebook, we actually have to be friends in real life.
2. Do not write mushy stuff on your significant other's wall or put it as your status, EW, I do not want to read your personal love letters.
3. If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend I wouldn't be declaring that you are "in a relationship" if you've only been dating for a week, bad news, chances are, you'll break up. Only declare relationships if you are engaged or married, otherwise it's just a little too cheesy and junior high-ish. You can be in relationship and not have it posted all over facebook ;)
4. If facebook is your life, you need to learn new communication skills.
5. If we were true friends, I shouldn't be finding out huge milestones that occur in your life on facebook, pick up the phone and call me before the whole facebook world knows.
6. I shouldn't be able to find out about your entire life through your facebook account, that's just kind of sad, there is more to life than facebook, and you should respect your privacy.
With all of that said, facebook is great for certain things. But sometimes I just want to delete my account. Like I said, love/hate relationship. Not trying to bash or promote facebook, just simply stating my thoughts :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment