
Life confuses me. It is a confusing thing. It's a big thing. It's one of those things that it's okay to be confused about. Confusion leads to questions and if you have enough determination, questions lead to answers. I think at some point in every one's life they should be a bit confused about life. People need to ponder about these things in order to find themselves. Now, I've done my pondering, I've done my time with that. As being LDS we know about the Plan of Salvation and all of that. I fully believe in it. That's not exactly the kind of pondering I'm talking about. I think people should ponder often, about how they want to live their life and what life is really about. I don't always think this much... just some days.
After recently attending a funeral I start thinking about these sort of things. Funerals bring up these kind of thoughts. Funerals bring up mixed feelings. They are sad, sad for those that are left behind. They are also very peaceful. They usually provide a little bit of closure. They are a great chance to honor some one's life. Personally, I think that it's quite sad that it takes someones death to usually bring friends and family together. It's especially sad that it takes someones death to celebrate and honor them. We should be doing this long before someone dies and then again when they pass away. Anyway, as I was pondering about life today, it made me so much more aware. I want to live my life better each day, as we all do. I want to live each moment like it's my last.
Of course, life is life and we must deal with it's "downers" but I want to do my very best to get over those "downers", learn from them, move on, and be happy. I want to smile even when it's hard. I'm not saying that I want to be superhuman. It is kind of freaky when you meet those people that are always happy. I'm not a robot, I feel. But my point is, I want to improve. I especially don't want anymore silly things to ruin my day. Example-I don't want to argue with friends and family and leave with feelings of contention. I've always felt that this is one of the dumbest things ever. It always gets me that whoever we argue with could leave this earth at any given day or time. If I could just have a perfect life? No, that doesn't exist. I hope all of my readers don't take any offense from this post. I'm not trying to be too cheesy and I'm not wishing to be perfect. I'm just wishing to be better. I'm just wishing to make each day a little bit more full of laughter than the day before.
I truly and very passionately believe that happiness is in the little, simple things. Life isn't about the first or last breath, it's about all of the ones in between. I just want to improve, just like everyone else. I know that I can't always win. I'm going to have to lose sometimes, but I want to get right back up, put my game face back on and do my best. Today I had a great opportunity to honor some one's life as it came to an early close. I wasn't extremely close to this particular person who passed away but I learned from them. I learned that life is too short to not love every minute of it, even when it's hard. You never know when it's going to be over. That shouldn't be a stress, it should be a motivation to be better. Motivation to love a little more, laugh a little more, smile a little more, give a little more, etc.

2 comments:
Love it! Don't we all need to do that?
Yes, we all do need to do that! Sure is hard sometimes! But we can do it!!
Post a Comment