Monday, March 8, 2010

Ahh, Hollywood!

Did you watch the Academy Awards? I did. I don't think I've ever watched them before and as you know The Oscars take place in L.A. California. As I was watching the award show, it reminded me so much of my junior year in high school when I had the great opportunity to go on Choir Tour. My choir toured parts of California and we spent the most time in L.A. AHH, you gotta love Hollywood. We saw everything. . . Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Blvd., Studios, Farmer's Market, Hollywood Walk of Fame, everything. We saw it all. As I was on choir tour I fell in love with Hollywood. I don't know who didn't. A bunch of teenagers in L.A. with all that jazz of Hollywood in the air, it was great. We also sang in many of these places that we got to see. Ah, I loved it, such a great experience. As I was watching the Academy Awards last night, all the talk about Hollywood got me reminiscing about choir tour. It was fun to remember those fun times.
Anyway, my whole point to watching the Academy Awards was to see if Sandra Bullock won "Best Actress" for "The Blind Side". No worries, she won. It was fun to see the Tuohy family (the family of the true story, the blind side) in the audience at the Oscars because if you remember about a month or so ago, I got to hear them speak in person. It was fun to watch the awards and I'm so happy Sandra Bullock won an Oscar, she sure deserved it. She's probably my favorite actress, love her movies. But "The Blind Side" was truly just phenomenal. True story, great acting, etc. Sandra Bullock's acceptance speech was really good. You know how it goes, usually after an actor or actress wins an award, their speeches are usually the same as the person before them. But Sandra Bullock's was different, and is definitely worth watching! If you didn't catch the Oscars last night, there is a video I pulled of of youtube below, of her acceptance speech (scroll to the bottom & pause the music before watching). It was fun to watch the award show even though it got boring at some points. It was mostly just fun to remember when I was in Hollywood and all the fun I had!

No comments: