

Ahh Spring Break. The much loved occasion that is jam packed with events, no sleep, lots of food, sunburns, and fun. To be honest with you, I don't remember much of spring break this year and it only happend last week. Not sure why I don't remember. Most college students go to Florida and Mexico and drink for spring break. But, being LDS that is not the case here. So I don't have that excuse of not remembering because "I drank too much". Nope, I just plain ol' don't remember. I had an extreme case of lack of sleep during spring break that is probably why I don't remember all the details. I did a lot of fun things. Went to movies, out to dinner, just hung out, etc. But the highlight of my spring break and what I remember most was going up to Salt Lake for a girls only day! That is what I am going to write about in this post. We originally were going to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho but some things didn't quite work out so the plans changed. We decided to just run off to Salt Lake City for the day. So we did. I had 3 hours of sleep and away we went, 5 girls jam packed in a car all nice and cozy. We went shopping at the gateway mall, took some crazy pictures, and out to eat (which was quite an adventure), and then watched a movie. It was fun. There is something about being extremely sleep deprived, out of Utah County and with great friends that makes me go crazy. I was a total looney toon the entire day. Like I said, I was very sleep deprived but still, I was embarrassing myself.
When we were taking pictures, Torina asked this guy to take a picture of our group. He kindly agreed. We had two cameras. This man was with two of his friends. Ok, so the man that Torina asked to take our picture was taking it, and his friend was also taking the picture with our other camera. We're smiling and I notice three cameras. What the??? We only had two cameras. Um.. .. .. creepy. These men were taking pictures of us. Okay, we took the picture and all was well. Nope, it's not over yet. Then the men have one of the guys take a picture while the other two guys get in the picture with us. Why? Why do these men want pictures with us? I still can't figure it out, but it was definitely weird. Were they torists? Maybe. Were they facinated by the two foreign-looking redheads? Maybe. Or maybe, it was just creepy. Anyway, the pictures turned out cute. I look extremely tired in them. It was not a good hair day for me, so my hair was up. I hate pictures of me with my hair up and I look, well, like a crack hoe (excuse my icky language). I am in fact, NOT a crack hoe but I was so tired that a crack hoe was just what I looked like in the pictures. But, nevertheless, the pictures are fun. Thanks for the pictures, Torina and thanks for darkening/lightening some of them, they look good.
Dinner was my favorite part of the day. We were CrAzY. All of us. We looked like alcoholics. We drank so much soda. Half of our table was filled with empty cups. I think Katie had like 7 dr. peppers and the rest of us followed closely. So fun. Did I mention the dessert? YUM. We got a moulton chocolate cake with ice cream and cheesecake. If I wasn't before, I was now in a sugar coma. Heavenly I tell you, heavenly. It was a really fun day. I apologize to all of my friends for my outrageous behavior. That will teach you to not take me out in public when I am sleep deprived ;) It might not have been the most exciting place to go for Spring Break. We didn't leave the country, we didn't even leave the state, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. But heck, if you know me and my fellow friends, we have this amazing ability to turn any ordinary experience into such an extra ordinary, hilarious adventure. Thanks girls for such a fun day!! (Sorry if this post doesn't make sense, I am still suffering from sleep deprivation.)

No comment.

Torina and Amberlee on a sugar high.


1 comment:
Thanks Amber! I love the post. And I have to say you look rather gorgeous in the pictures. But it is so true, we didn't even leave the state for spring break but it was one of the most fun times I have had. I still think dinner at Chili's was the highlight. I need to get you the pictures of our 20 glasses at the end of the table. :) Good times Good times! I think we were all a little CrAzY that night but what fun we had!
Post a Comment