Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's about that time again.

(Kimberly-3rd Attendant to Miss Pleasant Grove 2009, Bodyguard of the Attendants-Amber{me}, Amanda-2nd Attendant to Miss Pleasant Grove 2009)

It's about that time again for the Miss Pleasant Grove pageant. Wow. Time sure does fly. Seriously, time goes so fast! It was already a whole year ago when the gang of girls (our whole tight group of friends) and I were standing in line to get a good seat to watch my peeps compete!?! Seems like a few months ago is all. Crazy. As you all know, Kim and Amanda took 2nd and 3rd Attendant to Miss P.G. 2009. We're all tight by the way, Kim, Amanda, and I are all tight so it was fun to watch great friends compete together. It was so fun. Strawberry Days was a TOTAL blast. If you didn't know, I was their personal bodyguard, yep, I'm a lot tougher than I look. Seriously, I had a sash and everything. I went to every even to support them, and protect them of course. Things get pretty crazy in the pageant world. I am not the pageant type, I think they are great for girls that their whole world is pageants but in some ways, I think pageants are a bit ridiculous and I know that Amanda and Kim would agree with me! You couldn't pay me to compete in one, but I will be the bodyguard and go and watch, it's fun entertainment and of course I will go to support my friends! Last year, we went to every night at the rodeo of course, the many, many, many parades, etc. It was fun to have a "behind the scenes" look at everything, I felt a little bit special because I was the bodyguard, hello read the sash. Anyway, they are competing again this year for queen. Half of the contestants are still in high school and half are not. Kim and Amanda are not in high school anymore, they are my age. I just wanted to write a quick blog post to tell you girls good luck. I know you girls have worked hard. It was an honor to be your personal bodyguard haha and it will be fun to be involved again if you win this year. So here's a quick shout out to Amanda and Kim, I'll see you this Saturday at the pageant, I'll be there front and center! Good luck to the both of you, love you girls! :) Sorry for the quick, scatter-brained post but just wanted to let you know that I'm rootin' for ya both! :)

No comments: