Friday, March 12, 2010

Give me a bottle of Nyquil.

(Glamour shot, I think I was under the influence of nyquil when this was taken. This is about exactly how I am feeling these days. I really need some sleep, or caffeine, something has gotta give ;)

Give me a bottle of Nyquil. Seriously. My past few weeks have been so messed up! I had strep throat a month ago but no worries, I got a shot in my rear end and I was all better the next day (too much information?). I love those shots in the bum, they are magic. A cough followed strep. A nagging cough. A cough that I still have! I feel fine, totally fine. No other symptoms, just a cough. It's driving me nuts. I can't laugh without having a cough attack. I've gone through bags and bags of cough drops. Anyway, I think I am finally on the mend, I only cough a little bit, more of just clearing the throat. The reason I titled this post "give me a bottle of nyquil" is because that is a song, not because I am a nyquil junkie or anything like that. Can't stand the stuff. It was like one of the first little silly songs I learned on the guitar when I started playing about 4 years ago or so. Give me a bottle of Nyquil, that restful sleep my body needs. Goes something like that. Anyway point being, I don't sleep. Ever since I had strep my sleep schedule has been so wacked! I'm blaming everything on strep throat. So when I developed a cough I started taking nyquil at night to sleep. Bad idea. Medications have always affected me a little different than the normal person. Benedryl makes me psychotic, when I had oral surgery the meds they prescribed me for pain didn't work at all and we're talking some pretty serious pain killers. Anyway, nyquil makes my body soooo tired but my brain is wide awake. So really, ever since I took nyquil a few times that week I haven't slept normally. Permanent damage. Not to mention, that stuff is disgusting. I gag everytime. I have to plug my nose, shoot it back and eat a cracker or something salty right after or I will vomit that nasty green nyquil. Blech.

I am sleep deprived and I'm really sick of it. I feel like a crazy person, I can hardly function! I've been trying different techniques and such for sleeping and it's getting a little better but not much. I've never been a good sleeper and have always had problems with it but now is worse than ever. Stress doesn't help either, it makes my brain stay awake all night and if I do fall asleep, I have the strangest dreams. Oh yeah, I have big news, are you ready? You better sit down. Sitting? I kicked my caffeine habit. Yes, me, Amber Lynn Morgan is no longer addicted to caffeine, the sweet nectar. It's kind of sad, but I was becoming a serious junkie, I had to cut myself off. I still drink it, I won't abstain from the stuff if you offer it to me but point being, I only drink it about once a week now, that is huge for me, huge. Put your hands together and clap for my accomplishment, it is quite the big deal. Still, no sleep. Oh well.

I am now done complaining. Just had to vent about all of that. The good news is, next week is SPRING BREAK and there is going to be some serious partying going on, I don't sleep anyway, might as well stay up all night having fun instead of laying in bed! This blog post is super scatter-brained. Sorry. Sleep deprivation and caffeine withdrawls remember!?! Anywho, spring is on its way, waaahooo! Booyah! Happy Spring Break to me and everyone else!! :)

No comments: