Mental Illness is not a choice.
Here I am again, on my soap box. I apologize, I don't mean to be annoying. I work with suicidal people for a living, so it is brought to my attention more than most people. Nursing school has also enlightened me on illness prevention. I am committed to helping heal the hurt that leads to suicide. I just feel so strongly about this and I feel that we all need to be more educated! I've said it many times, but let me say it again. . . They are just people, who are sick. They are NOT weak. I really believe that we could make a difference in our communities if we were more educated on this matter. Suicide is taking too many lives. SO happy to see an article about suicide on ksl.com. It's about time we start talking about it, so we can start to help heal.
Please read it if you get the chance.
Thank you for dealing with my many soap box rantings! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment