Thursday, September 3, 2009

Adultnapped!?!

So, every year my friends usually "kidnap" me on my birthday. They call secretly before my birthday and make sure its okay with my mom then they show up on the morning of my birthday towering over me, they make me get up, I can't change or get ready and we go out to breakfast. Well, this year I thought they weren't going to do it. I had been monitoring the phone to make sure they hadn't called and talked with my mom. Also, I figured, heck, I'm 18 this year, I'm sure they won't do it. So, the morning of my birthday comes and no one is there towering over me waking me up. Yes!!! I was in the clear...or so I thought. So, as my birthday went on and was such a great day and I had such a great party with all of my friends that night. So as my birthday came to a close I went to sleep...but the next morning (August 12th) I woke up to Caecee and Katie towering over me telling me to "wake up sunshine." I was in total and utter shock. They got me, and they got me good. Do you know what it is like to wake up to someone towering over you? Especially people you don't usually see right when you wake up!?! It took me a second to register what was going on!! So I woke up and they dressed me in some strange things...the picture doesn't even show it all. I had leperd print granny panties on (over my shorts of course), a huge banner that said "Happy Birthday" , neon stickers all over, that pink feather crown that you can see in the picture and many more funny things. They blind folded me and away we went. I was so embarrassed, no make up or anything, they didn't even let me brust my teeth! Good thing I woke up and my hair wasn't all fuzzed out, it was curly and looked pretty good. Anyway long story short we went to the side of St. Street as they made me dance on the side of the road in front of all the cars, yell in a grocery store "it's my birthday" which technically it wasn't because my birthday was the day before, then we went out to breakfast. Oh, I was so embarrassed!!! Everyone was just looking at me...awkward. But funny!! We pretty much celebrated my birthday all week long, I thought it was over but nope, there they were the next morning... I am so lucky to have great friends and family, we have so much fun together!! So, they didn't really "kid" nap me because I turned 18 the day before so I guess, they "Adult" napped me. I love my friends, it was a great surprise. Thanks Caecee and Katie!!

No comments: