~ G R O W I N G U P ~
Growing up sucks. I want to go back to the days where my biggest worry was what kind of fruit snacks my mom would buy at the store. Heck, I just want to go back to the high school days where my biggest worry was getting good grades and worrying about what 'that boy' thought of you. The good ol' days.
In my opinion the hardest thing about growing up is the illusion of your "hero" is destroyed. The people you think are perfect when you are growing up turn out to be just like everyone else. People make mistakes, I'm alright with that, it's the total hypocritical mistakes that drive me nuts. Seriously, I do not care if people make the biggest mistakes, I can forgive them, but they must move on and recover from those mistakes. I could name several examples of this but I think the one that ticks me off the most is the people who helped me gain my testimony and then they lose theirs. So lame. I've had several people in my life who have taught me life lessons and helped me gain a testimony and now they don't even believe in the church. First of all, I just want to make it clear that it is NOT possible to have a testimony and than completely not believe in the church. That is Satan telling you that you don't have a testimony anymore, and he is always wrong! And whether it takes you this life or the next for some people to realize that, it'll happen. It makes me so angry, because I know the potential that these people have, I know who they truly are, and I know that they know the truth deep down! It's the most frustrating and heartbreaking thing!!!
Don't get me wrong, we all have hard times and like I said, we all make mistakes. Trust me, I know all about mistakes. You can make mistakes, and you can have a hard time. I can accept mistakes, hard times, and imperfections, but one thing I won't ever accept is denying what they once testified of. It feels like betrayal. They once helped introduce me to the gospel and taught me so many principles, and now they decided to bail. Too bad, they aren't allowed to bail. I won't put up with that crap!
Satan tells us to give up on these people that once believed and now claim that they don't. I refuse to give up on them. Even though it is sooooo hard at times because most the time you just want to smack their hypocritical face! Sometimes, I just want to shake them and scream in their face "YOU taught me, YOU helped me gain my testimony, now snap out of it and take YOUR own advice that you once gave me!" (Whew, I'm good now ;) Point is, I'm not going anywhere. I'll wait for those people who I know are strong, and I know they can beat Satan. They may get angry with me for not giving up on them because they think they've really lost all the faith, but deep down they haven't. I'll wait for them to return to virtue. And I'll pray for them, love them, and I'll be here for them. . . because some years ago they did the same for me!
The good news is, there are people in my life who I look up to and I've grown up and I've realized that they aren't perfect, but they have never let me down in what they believe in. And there are a lot of those people in my life. Thanks to you, and you all know who you are, thanks for remaining 'steady and sure'. Don't go anywhere on me ;)
I'm thankful for the people in my life who were my heroes, and still are, even though they've made mistakes. And for those that haven't recovered from those mistakes yet. . . I'll wait.
Okay-growing up doesn't suck. . . it's just not all what its cracked up to be!






No comments:
Post a Comment