I am in conclusion that I should have been born to live through the 80's. Sadly, I missed it by only 2 years. The 90's were some good years too, don't get me wrong. But the 80's. . . I can't say they were good years because honestly, I have no idea, I wasn't a live. From my standpoint, they look like they were awesome. The clothes, the hair, the music, the cars, etc. I've always loved 80's music. I grew up in a house where music was a big deal, it was always playing. My big brother educated me in a lot of music. I think I was the only 7 year old that knew every word to most Van Halen, AC/DC, and Def Leppard songs. Appropriate? Not really. Am I proud of it? Totally.
Last weekend my goofy friends and I decided to dress up in 80's clothes and make a music video. Honestly, we really just wanted to do something goofy to entertain ourselves. So we did. With a little help from savers and my grandma's old boxes of clothes from the 80's, I created this gem.
Yep, that's me in leather pants (actually, pleather) that went all the way up past my belly button. And the best part of the outfit is that beautiful satin turquoise blazer WITH shoulder pads! HOT!!!! Also, as you will see in the other pictures, I had a stonewashed jean jacket that was pretty rockin'. Oh, and don't forget my hair. Seriously. I would have ROCKED the 80's with my hair.For real, no one really knows just how BIG my hair really is. It's huge. I would have had the BEST hair in the 80's! I so wish it was 1983 right now. I would have been one hottie in the 80's!
My friends and I made music videos. Yes we did. One to "I love rock n' roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and one to "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat Benatar. I'm not going to post the videos today because I think you have enough trauma to get over by looking at our pictures. But stay tuned, videos will be coming soon. Oh yeah. . . our lip syncing bands name is "The Heartbreakers".
If your saying to yourself after looking at these pictures "Amber is so immature". Well, maybe I am, so what? I am actually, I'm only 19. And I will probably still be acting like this when I'm older. Remember, we did this for laughs! We don't take ourselves seriously, so neither should you. Life is hard, sad, and very stressful at times. So we like to have an outlet and have a little fun. And we usually end up having A LOT of fun!! Keep on Rockin'! Stay tuned for music videos!
Oh and, Happy February 1st!!













No comments:
Post a Comment