As you know, the much anticipated SugarLand road trip was last weekend (July 30th-31st). At the last minute, Katie had to cancel because she had some family stuff come up at the last minute, so we had an extra ticket. Caecee and I were racking our brains to find someone to go. Everyone we could possibly think of was either out of town or couldn't get work off with such short notice (1 day). We finally found someone who could go, Jodi (we call her Diddy, short for MacDiddy, yes, we're gangstas). We were so happy that she was able to find a babysitter and come with us. Since she is moving to New York soon, it was great to be able to spend some time with her and she needed a break from her darling children! We have been so excited for this road trip. Literally, SO EXCITED. I felt like a little kid at Christmas. We were SugarLand groupies for a weekend and it made my summer.We were on the road at 6:00am Friday morning. I only got 4 hours of sleep but I was so energized. I drove the whole 8 hours to Colorado, and it was a breeze. Our hotel was in Colorado because in Wyoming it was Frontier Days so they had performers all week long, all the hotels were booked months in advance. The only room we could find even 2 months ago was just over the border of Wyoming in Colorado. It was only 40 minutes away from Cheyenne where the concert was, so it wasn't bad at all. We arrived in Colorado and tried to nap for a little bit before heading to the concert to get in line. But like we napped, we just made inappropriate jokes the entire time. Away we went back to Cheyenne, Wyoming for the concert. You see, we had what they call "party pit" tickets. It is standing room only so we wanted to get in line early to get as close as we could to the stage. It was very rinky dinky, the stage was small and it smelled like horse poop. You see, it was Frontier Days in Wyoming. So the stage was brought in the middle of a huge outdoor horse race track. The standing room was on the horse track dirt.
Anyway, we arrived early in line. We sat in line for about an hour and a half. We could hear them doing sound check and everything! It was pretty cool! We had fun people watching. There are some strange people that show up to fairs. We finally got let into the arena and got our spot. Not as close as we'd hoped for but it was still awesome! After the opening act, SugarLand came out! WOOT! We had SUCH a blast. I feel like SugarLand put on a much better show than they did a couple of months ago in Utah. Even though they didn't have their awesome stage set and they were on such a small stage, they were rockin' hard. Utah's show was awazing but this was like ultra amazing. I just wish we would have had the same circumstances as we did in Utah, i.e., no horse poop smell, better seats, etc. But Jennifer Nettles' (lead singer) mom and manager were there, standing on the side lines. That was kinda cool. SugarLand is pretty humble though, you don't get super star struck. But we really did have the time of our lives. SugarLand released a new song just days before our concert and so it was really fun. Some drunk lady behind Caecee was smoking (apparently in Wyoming you can smoke in public like that). So as we were all smashed up against each other because it was like a mosh pit this lady behind Caecee was smoking and head banging at the same time and almost caught Caecee's hair on fire. No worries, it didn't. If it was my hair, I would've blew up because all of my hair product. If you want to see an impression, just ask Jodi, she does a perfect drunk/smoking lady impression.
If I had the money, I would seriously be a SugarLand groupie. I love them. Their music is so good. I could follow them around to every stop and watch every concert. That would be awesome! But we were groupies for a weekend, and it was so much fun. We had such a fun time. I believe that you are never too old to go to a concert and have a great time. Everyone needs to act like a crazy and let loose once in awhile. I do it a lot, but I'm 18, I can. Everyone should go and have a blast once in awhile!
We headed back to the hotel smelling like sweat, smoke, beer, sore feet, and a few pulled muscles but we wouldn't trade it for anything. We had such a fun time and made such great memories. I wish I could write all of the hilarious things that happend but this post is already novel long. All in all, there is something magical about great friends, beef jerkey, LOTS of dr pepper, dramamine, inappropriate jokes, loads of laughter, amazing music, and being in the car for 8 hours together that makes a trip LOADS of fun that we will never forget!!!!
Enjoy the pictures. . . I took some video but it takes too darn long to load on blogger so you'll just have to enjoy the pictures! My camera doesn't do so well taking pictures of concerts, I think it's the user (me). But some of the pictures are dark but look close and you can see what it is!
Caecee pretending to sleep so I could get a picture of her sleeping because everyone else had a picture of them asleep except her, so she faked it.
Me riding home in the backseat!













1 comment:
haha i love these pictures! so so great! Your blog is so cute! love cace cace!
Post a Comment