A few weeks ago my ward went on trek. If you don't know what trek is, it's basically re-creating the pioneers coming to Utah. You go to Wyoming for 4 days or so and dress in pioneer clothes, pull handcarts, etc. It's some good stuff. I went 4 years ago when I was in young women's. I was super bummed out that they didn't ask the young single adults to go this year. When I went on trek, they asked the young single adults to go. Most people my age have been on trek twice but since I am the youngest of my grade I didn't get to go the first time my ward went. Anywho, they did ask the young single adults to come up for one day and one night to speak. Yikes, speaking at trek? Scary. It's a really spiritual experience. I would compare it to the temple. The spirit is constantly with you on trek. It's life changing. All in all, we had a good trip and speaking turned out to be okay. It was so good to go and remember the experiences I had on trek four years ago. It was such a testimony building experience. Words cannot describe it. You have to experience it for yourself. It's awesome. I am very thankful that I was able to go to trek and speak and remember all of the wonderful experiences that I had when I went four years ago. If you ever get the opportunity to go on trek, GO! It is so amazing!!!
With that aside, today I was thinking how everyone has their own story. I forget that, much too often. I forget that people have a story, they've had hard times. We never know what someone has been through. My goal is to be slow to judge and show compassion towards people of whom I don't know their story. Everyone needs a little compassion thrown towards their way. The world would be such a better place if people could put themselves at the end of the list and put others at the top of the list, even if you don't know them. Not trying to preach, I certainly am the worst at doing these things. But it is my conscious goal to do better at these things. Everyone has a story that they're writing and I want to treat everyone like they're a good book. In other words, I don't want to "judge a book by it's cover". The thing that really matters, are the words inside the book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment