
Today, is one of those days. I went to bed at 6:00am. I know, ridiculous, right? I've been sleeping quite well but last night was terrible! I don't know what my deal was, couldn't turn off my mind. I had to be up and ready by 10:00am to take care of some business. 10:00am is early when you go to bed when the birds are tweeting. Anyway, I took care of my business then laid back down and caught just a few more hours of shut eye. I woke up, for good this time and decided that I severely needed a pepsi. And boy did I. I was getting a headache and I think that I should have just stayed awake in the first place. No matter how tired you are, it's usually worse when you are awake and then go back to sleep for an hour.
I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. More like, droopy eyed and bushy haired, for sure. So with my orange t-shirt, bright blue scrub pants, my black crocs, and my hooker hair (that's what I call my hair when its wild after I sleep on it, curls everywhere, total fro but no, just to clarify-I am not a hooker), I got in the car. At least I did have some product in my hair and I did have make-up on, thank heavens. I was in the car and feeling good and I drove to the down town drive up gas station (there was no way I was getting out of the car in my blue scrub pants, nothing wrong with scrubs, it was just the orange shirt/hooker hair/scrub pants combination) and got my cherry pepsi. With a few sips I was feeling oh so much better.
As I was driving home I passed a bunch of lemonade stands lined with kids. But there was one in particular. . . this girl in front of her house all by herself with a cute little lemonade stand. She would hold up her sign with each cars passing and then as the car would zoom by she was discouragingly put her sign back down. I felt bad. I should have stopped. I remember when I was a kid I made a cookie stand and no one stopped except my neighbors but then I would insist that they have the cookie for free just because they stopped and I was so excited. Turns out I'm a terrible salesman. Anywho-I wanted to stop and buy lemonade from the discouraged looking little girl. But remember my bright blue scrub pants? They're so comfy but not pleasing to the eye especially adding my orange shirt and hooker hair into the mix. It was a busy road too, I couldn't risk my reputation (since I have one lol). This was quite the predicament. I think the problem was my lack of sleep. Normally, I wouldn't care that much about what I looked like just to buy some lemonade. Although, I didn't want to frighten the lemonade-selling girl, and I probably would have if I would've stopped with the scrub pants/orange shirt/hooker hair combo. It was quite the fashion statement.
So I drove back home, put some jeans on, tamed the hair just a little, and got right back in the car. Drove to the little girl's lemonade stand and stopped. Yes, I'm a sap. She was thrilled, it was cute. She politely asked me "would you like one cup?" I said "yes, please" she then replied "that will be 25cents please" I gave her a dollar and told her to keep the change. She was so excited. It was so cute. Then me, my pepsi, and my lemonade came back home, put back on the bright blue comfy scrub bottoms (don't judge), and enjoyed the afternoon!
After I purchased my lemonade, I was thinking that instead of these hard times job hunting, I'll just make a lemonade stand. Seriously. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade- literally. I'm telling you-kids have it all figured out, we should be more like them. Can't you picture me with my orange t-shirt, hooker hair, and bright blue scrub pants on the side of the street batting my eyelashes? Actually, stop, save yourself, don't picture it. People would just have to stop because I am just so darn cute. I could make a fortune. TOTALLY JUST KIDDING. It is something to consider though. . . haha ;)

1 comment:
I think that is the funniest/cuttest story!! I can't believe you went all the way home and changed! That is so great! I bet you made her little day.
Post a Comment