Tuesday, June 22, 2010

STRAWBERRY Days 2010!!!

CUP OF DIVINE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM!
I really, really, really LOVE Strawberry Days. If you don't know, Strawberry Days is Pleasant Grove's City celebration. I have the best home town celebration ever! Christmas and Strawberry days are huge in my family. Love it. This year was a blast. It did make me miss last year when my two friends were in the Miss Pleasant Grove Royalty and I was their bodyguard. That was some good times. I was able to go behind the scenes on everything! We sure had fun. But still, this year was a blast! We celebrated all week long. It started on Monday (June 14th), I went to Lagoon with two of my very, very best friends. We had A LOT of fun. It involved a lot of laughter, screaming, and singing songs from the movie, Sister Act. Wednesday night I went to the rodeo with my mom. The rodeo is possibly one of my very favorite things on the entire planet. I SO WISH that I was a barrel racer, but I'm not. A girl can only dream. My mom and I had fun and had great seats. I enjoyed watching all the kids I knew from the ward do mutton' bustin' (riding a sheep) they all did great, it was fun! Thursday night I went to the rodeo again with a friend, we had fun too. I can never get enough rodeo. Last year I went every single night to the rodeo because my royalty friends were there. I wish I could go ever single night every year! Friday night we went up the canyon and had a fire. We had yummy marshmellows and roasted starbursts! We sure had fun up there. A bunch of girls sitting around a campfire + laughing histerically = chasing away other campers surrounding us, sorry other campers. We had a blast and came home smellin' like camp fire!
Saturday morning was the parade, waahoo! My mom and I headed down to meet up with some other family early in the morning. We sat in our seats to save them and I drank a dr. pepper. It was fun. Then the parade started, yippee! I love the parade! My favorite part is the fire trucks, bag pipes, and floats. We had fun at the parade. After the parade was over we headed over and ate some lunch. Then we shopped at the boutiques that are over by the carnival. In which, I spent too much money but got some cute stuff for really good deals! Then we ate some more strawberries and cream, love that stuff, can't ever get enough. Saturday night (the best night of rodeo) I went with a huge group of friends to the rodeo, once again, I put on my cowboy boots and a plaid shirt and away we went. It was the best night of rodeo of all week. We had great seats because we went down so early and put down blankets, that place gets packed! We sure had fun and ate so much strawberries and cream while checking out all of the cowboys! We had A TON of fun! I can't wait until Strawberry Days comes again next year. Seriously one of my favorite things ever.
Sunday, Father's Day, I was getting ready for church when a family friend (basically family) called and asked if our family wanted to come out with some other family on his beautiful boat. So away we went on the boat. It was way fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love boating. Unfortunately, the water was too choppy because of the wind, we weren't able to water ski. We still had so much fun. After that we ran home, changed our clothes, made a potato salad, and went over to Grandma's with a bunch of family for dinner. That was fun too. All in all, it was an AWESOME week filled with fun. I LOVED it all!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I really slacked on pictures. None of the parade or rodeo itself, only us being dorks, sorry)
Some of our group at the rodeo Saturday night.

We were so excited!


A little too much strawberries and cream for us.


The rodeo was starting, WAAHOO (Katie missed the memo to cheese it)!!

No comments: