Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009!!!


Our Christmas Tree this year...the picture doesn't do it justice, it looks very pretty in person!


I didn't take many pictures during Christmas...which is a shocker because I am usually pretty camera happy. I didn't even get a picture of our house all lit up. We has Christmas lights on the house, in the windows, and on the bushes, it was great!! I am proud to say that I made every single one of my Christmas gifts this year. For our holiday Relief Society Enrichment we were asked to "CREATE". If you haven't seen the video clip by Dieter F. Uchtdorf (second counselor in the LDS General Presidency) then I strongly encourage you to go onto youtube and type in "dieter f uchtdorf, create". It is just a few minutes long video clip that will change you for life! Along with creating I saved money and I felt like the gifts turned out to be more thoughtful and creative rather than if I would've bought things. Christmas was so much more special to me that I was able to make all of the gifts that I gave away. They were all different from each other too, at first I thought it would be really difficult to come up with so many ideas so that each gift was completely different from the others. Once I came up with ideas it went great! It took some hard work though. Such as sewing, computer work, painting, etc. It was much more time consuming to make all of the gifts...I spent at least on hour on each gift, but it was so worth it! I was so excited to give the gifts away because I had put so much love into each and every one of them! I feel like all my friends and family really liked them....at least I hope so! I recieved many great gifts this year. I got some new clothes, jewelry, plus some extremely cute gifts from my friends such as a super cute mini bulliten board thing, cute framed picture, etc. Loved them all! All in all, Christmas was great and I think that this year it hit me a little deeper of what Christmas is really about!! It is about Christ, our Savior and His birth. Christmas really is all about love!!! Love for friends, family, and all those around! Here are just a few pictures!
Two pictures that I turned into one for a cute little Christmas card of the family!


Me on Christmas Eve at my Grandma's and Grandpa's for the annual Christmas Eve family party!

No comments: