I know this blog is becoming a "nursing school" blog and for that I apologize, but it is where I am at in life. Everything in my life right now is devoted to nursing school, that is why it is all I talk about it.
Without going into too much detail, the past few weeks have been really difficult. There has been a lot of drama at school. This is our 3rd semester (out of 5) and it is our heaviest load. When push comes to shove; people get vicious. Everyone is constantly stressed. It is like we are all sinking in quick sand, so we are grabbing onto others and pulling them down with us. There has been a lot of gossiping and back biting. Thankfully, after we had what I like to call a "come to Jesus", everything is all good for the time being. A "come to Jesus" is when you talk it out, things get ugly, but then the problem is resolved. Our professor confronted the entire class and addressed the gossiping and it seemed to slow down for a few days. Then, the other day during my clinicals at the Utah State Hospital (which I really enjoyed, I will blog about it later), I heard some rumors starting involving someone that I am very close to. So... me having the temper that I do, I flipped out and gave them hell. Although I probably should have waited until I calmed down to prevent the overuse of curse words; I am happy to say I got things off of my chest and everything is good. I confronted the person that I needed to confront about the rumors, we had it out, and now we are fine.
Nursing school is EXACTLY like family. Some days you cannot stand your fellow classmates, you fight and things get ugly, but at the end of the day everyone loves everyone and there are no grudges. We are like brothers and sisters.
I wanted to write this post to express how grateful I am. I never in a million years thought I would be in the place that I am. My life has changed drastically in the past year. I have grown in so many ways; not only in my education, but also personally. I am SOOOOO grateful for my classmates and my professors. It is really difficult to describe the bond that I have with my cohort, it is something I have never experienced before. They have become family and I love their guts... even if sometimes I want to punch them in the face. :)
I am so blessed to have the life that I have and to be where I am at in life!!

No comments:
Post a Comment