Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day.

Father's Day ride... My dad's motorcycle and my scooter (with my bright pink helmet which my dad MAKES me wear... which is a good thing, I'm glad he's still looking out for me even though I'm 21).
I don't usually write too much about my parents and family. Mostly because they are so near and dear to my heart and sometimes they drive me absolutely crazy. So I either would write way too mushy/lovey dovey stuff or I would rant and rave about them. ;) 
My dad has taught me so many things over the years. I get my stubborn, hard-headed personality from him. We don't see eye to eye on everything and that's mostly because we are both so stubborn. I was a daddy's girl growing up. I was always following him around, watching him fix trucks and work on the house. He can fix almost anything and I have learned how to use those skills to my advantage. When I was little, he let me eat his food even though I had my own plate... for some reason, his tasted better and he always let me munch his food. He has taught me how to take apart a carburetor and clean it, which will almost make any old motorcycle run. My dad can come off a little harsh and scary, but he would do anything to help people; he would literally give someone the shirt off of his back if they needed it. He taught me how to stream fish. I also inherited his love for motorcycles. I also inherited my temper from my father. Which isn't always a bad thing... I would go to war to protect the people I care about; if you mess with them, you mess with me. Unfortunately as I've got older, I've also inherited his potty mouth... Which I don't always think is a bad thing; deep breaths and lots of swearing is a great stress-reliever! :) I remember when I was little, he would tell me bedtime stories and they were always about treasure hunters, I loved it! He taught me how to start a fire and still to this day, I can start a fire quicker and more efficiently than most boys, haha! I am his youngest child and he is very protective of me, I will always be 10 years old in my dad's eyes. I know that he will always be looking out for me, no matter my age... I love that. My dad is a funny guy and he has a great sense of humor which I think has rubbed off on me. He makes the BEST sandwiches and chocolate milk. I love my pops!

No comments: