Sunday, December 4, 2011

VINYL records + my shopping weakness = total awesomeness.


So if you know me then you know that I heart music! Everyone says that music is their 'passion' but seriously. . . I couldn't go a day without it. I also love anything old fashioned. Love it. Vintage, old fashioned, whatever you want to call it- I'm all about it. Anyway, I won't ramble on about my love for music or vintage things. When you combine music and old fashioned. . . you get a seriously happy Amber! Let's just say that I'm a total NERD when it comes to music and old things. For the past couple of months I have been really into records. Yeah, you know those vinyl things. My collection is growing. The slightly sad part about records is that they music now days isn't on vinyl.
Oh, but never fear. . . SugarLand released some vinyl copies of The Incredible Machine. It's always been in the back of my mind that I just had to own one of them someday, but it's never been pressing. Well, this wonderful Sunday evening I found myself on Ebay which I NEVER get on (bad for a shopping addict ;) because I was looking for a certain record for a gift for somebody. When I got done I decided to search vinyl records for SugarLand, just for giggles. Low and behold. . . heaven right there on my computer screen. Not at all as expensive as I had imagined and I just got my Christmas bonus anyway (IHC is a rockin' company to work for!) so I didn't feel guitly on spending 20 bucks on myself. Funny how something like this can turn your entire day around. We all need a little pick-me-up once in a while, and this is just what I needed.
Needless to say, I can't wait until my SugarLand: The Incredible Machine vinyl record arrives! Sure, I have this same album on CD, itunes, etc. But not on vinyl! Just something about records and record players. . . love it! I'm going to stop rambling about my excitement now, but I just had to share because I am so very happy.
Merry Christmas to me!!!!!!!!!!
Then I had to forcefully get off of Ebay before I spent my entire savings on records, records, and more records.

sugarland - the incredible machine

1 comment:

Holly said...

That is way awesome Ambre'! :)