Yo blogger world, I hope you are all well. I got asked to speak in church. . . which really isn't shocking because I don't think I've spoke in church since I was 14 years old. Anyway, all week long in preparation I could not find my groove. The topic was 'Letting Your Light So Shine'. I couldn't come up with even a sentence of what to say. I was praying and praying. Then on Thursday I made myself sit down at the computer and I restricted myself from facebook and pinterest. I started looking through a file I have on my computer titled "quotes". . . it is a big file that I have composed throughout the years. It's filled with quotes from church authorities, dear friends, etc., this got me going. And a whole lotta prayer for direction in my talk. It's amazing how prayers are answered.
Throughout the day on Thursday, it all just started flowing and I couldn't get my fingers to type faster. My nerves were building all week long but I just kept ignoring them. I didn't get to sleep last night until 2, and I woke up early because I was nervous. As I was getting ready this morning, I couldn't stop gagging. I know-that is WAY too much TMI but hey, I'm being real here. I get nervous=I gag. I said about 10 prayers and left to church. While I was sitting in the chapel I said about 10 more prayers, and the gags disappeared. Thank goodness. I calmed right down and I felt somewhat confident. I knew the spirit would guide me. I just kept praying to say what needed to be said-to be the spirit's mouthpiece. Again-it's amazing how prayers are answered.
I got up to the podium and was quite calm besides feeling like I was going to pee my dress the entire time. I definitely delievered my talk with my ugly-cry face. I was fighting back tears the entire time. Tears of joy, of course. I recieved a lot of positive feedback from the members of my ward, which really helped me feel like I said what needed to be said. Sometimes I think the talks that we give are more for ourselves than those that listen, and this was definitely the case. But I owe it all to the spirit---totally His words, not mine. Really, I take NO CREDIT for the words that I spoke, it was totally the spirit, He was just using my voice. I've been on a spiritual high all day. I sure do love this gospel and all that comes with it!!
Thanks to all who came to support me! My wonderful friends and my sweet grandparents. Along with memebers of the ward who are near and dear to my heart. Couldn't have done it without all of you in the congregation! Thanks everyone for the support-love you!
If you would like to read my talk click on the link below. It's pretty much word for word with a little variation to what was actually said, because I couldn't pass up what the spirit was telling me, I just had to get it on paper so that I could read it over and over again throughout my days. Again-it's not in perfect reading format because I was typing so fast. And of course it won't be quite as good as if you were there in the person, because the spirit was so strong, but I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:
You did great! I enjoyed every minute!
Aww, thanks Molly! I was so nervous! Glad that I didn't pee my dress. ;)
Post a Comment