Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What Just Happened?

HOLY COW. The past few weeks have been CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously. Wow.
  • I started school, and I will be done with school in about 3 weeks and be certified in the state of Utah as a Nurse Assistant.
  • Amanda got married.
  • Jodi and the kiddos came to visit.
  • I got another job.

After Amanda's wedding and my first week of school I thought life would slow down and I would be able to catch my breath. Then I had a very intense-long-process interview the next week, while working and going to school. Then Jodi and the kiddos came to visit (HAPPY TIMES). So after this past weekend I thought life would settle down and I would be able to catch my breath. Nope. I got a call today that I got the job I interviewed for. I will soon be working at the Utah Valley Regional Hospital (Provo) as a Psych Tech in the Emergency Room.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining one bit. I'm stoked. It's just all happening so fast. I can't even catch up with my thoughts. I start work the same week as I finish school. That's intense. I start a intense job and I take a state skills and written test all in the same week. Same day actually. Heaven help me. If I don't have a nervous breakdown in the next few weeks I will be surprised! I really am happy though. I asked for it. When Jodi moved and I decided I wasn't going to be returning to UVU this fall, I said, and I quote, "I just want to get really busy and work my butt off so time will pass by fast." Well, be careful what you wish for.

Being busy is good right now though. I'm having a weird time in my life. I miss Jodi and her cute little kids (I call them my homies) more than anything lately, I'm losing touch with some friends but gaining new ones, etc, etc. There is just a lot of change going on. That's life right? The only thing you can expect in life is the unexpected, right? Right. I am happy. I like to be busy. I just wish I could sort out my thoughts. I feel like I just go and go from one thing to another and I don't have quite enough time to wrap my brain around ANYTHING!! But I will NOT use the excuse "I'm too busy". I despise that excuse. I really hate it. I believe I am never too busy for the important things. Such as-my mom's birthday. In the midst of my crazy day today (getting immunization records, scheduling drug tests and back ground checks, work, school, etc.) I still went out to lunch with my mom for her birthday. And I used my mad-streamer-decorating-skills and decorated the kitchen. Happy Birthday Mom!!

I'm a very "according to the plan" kind of girl. I like plans. I like thinking things over. My life is so not going according to plan lately and I sure haven't had time to think things over. I think this is a life lesson. . . someone up there is trying to teach me patience, how to be a little spontaneous, and how to stay sane through very stressful times. I'm learning ;)

Awesome part of this all is that October is just around the corner, WOOT, HOLLA! Halloween time! I love Halloween! I've already started decorating, have you? I'm determined to make my house look particularly awesome this Halloween. Also, I start training for my new job on October 18th (I will still be keeping my current job). Sugarland's new record comes out October 19th. Yeah, I'm stoked. I finish school October 20th. I hope you all are ready for fall! As you can tell, I'm not quite ready. I just need one day to catch my breath and take in all of what is happening! One day to de-stress and sit down and drink a NON diet dr pepper and sort out my thoughts. That sounds like bliss right now. I hope all of you readers are loving and embracing fall and all that comes with it! I sure am trying! :)

No comments: