Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On!!!


Patience: is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially faced with long-term difficulties. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast.

I am not a patient person. I really do believe patience is a virtue and it certainly is not one of mine. I thought I was at least a little bit patient until I read the above definition the part where it says "without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way", having a positive attitude while waiting- that's where I failed to meet the standards of patience. I really hate depending on other people, waiting for them to do something or make a decision. I'd rather just do it by myself. Then it can be done my way and in my time which is usually NOW. Seriously- I have issues. I've been waiting on my car now for 6 months. I'm 18 and I feel like a child having no car and what not. It really is hard to coordinate time with 3 adults and 2 cars. On top of waiting on the dang car to get fixed, this past week I've been waiting on to hear about a job. I interviewed with Utah Valley Regional Hospital last week and it is taking them f o r e v e r to get back to me. I finally called today to see if they've made their decision and the recruiter was out of the office, just my luck. I doubt that I even got the job, there were a lot of applicants and I'm a youngin' with no experience. But still, either way, I need to know because it's driving me batty! In my opinion, I think I have handled myself quite well while waiting on these things but today-today I've had it. It's all came to a head and I'm going to freak out!

Not to mention, I have allergies!?! Good word!! Since when do I get allergies? I guess since now. They drive me crazy too. I sound like a sickly man but I'm actually a woman with allergies, just so you all know. Because of the allergies I've been taking allergy medicine which just puts me in a bubble all day. I'm a total burn out. I just go throughout my day waiting to hear back from people while in a medicated haze. I also haven't been sleeping (what's new?). I have to apologize to those who have been around me these past few weeks, I don't say much and I don't seem all there. I'm here, behind all the allergy medicine. I'm going to get rid of the allergy medicine because it doesn't really work that well anyway, then, I will just try and be patient and deal with the allergies but this way I won't be in a haze and I think, just maybe whatever was blooming that was causing my allergies is done blooming because I'm sounding less and less like a sick man. . . or maybe I'm just used to it. ;) Like I said, today I've just had it. So I come on here and gripe to all of you blog readers. I'm really not this grouchy all the time. . . well, maybe I am. We all have these days-where you've just had enough. But still today is my day to complain. . . right? WRONG! It seems to be the days where we've just "had it" that we learn the most valuable lessons.

After all that ranting and raving I stop for just a second a breathe. I have a really good life. Really, really, really good. I'm so blessed. I don't have a job or a car and there are about 3 dozen other things that aren't going my way. But who cares? Who am I to complain? Seriously? I have a roof over my head and food in my tummy, great friends and family who put up with me=life is good. Maybe it's cheesy but it's true. I've decided that I will live my life no matter what, I will not wait on anyone or anything. I will live my life and whatever the circumstances are, I will be happy. Then, if my car gets fixed, I get a call back on the job, etc, etc,-then all of that will be a bonus. Patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet. If I am patient I will feel peace and be much happier. Keep calm and carry on!!! I am going to put my big girl panties on and deal with it!!! Me and patience are working on our relationship! ;) Thanks for listening to me grumble everyone!

No comments: