Friday, November 13, 2009

Park City Reunion!!

Last weekend my friends and I decided to go up to Park City. We knew of a time share that has a hot tub and a pool. We love going hot tubbing but here is the catch---the locks on all the doors to get to the hot tub required a room key. Well, the time share is not ours but one of my friends knows a person who has a time share there and she was up there a few weeks ago and noticed the locks that require a room key were broken, you could get in without a key. So, being mischievous like we are we decided to go up to this time share/condo place and use the hot tub because you didn't need a key to get in! First of all, Park City does something strange to all of us. If you have seen my previous posts, we took a trip there during the summer and some crazy things happend but it turned out to be the best trip ever. Anyway, last weekend, we decided to head up just for a night, go hot tubbing, and come home the same night. We headed up and ate dinner-this is where the adventure began, at dinner some HILARIOUS things happened at dinner with the people sitting next to us (nothing bad) but I don't think I am going to mention them on my blog-it will take too long. So, we arrived at the time share, snuck into the hot tub and began to have a great time! We stayed for a few hours just having a blast. We laughed SO hard all night long. The pool area was outside and all gated in, the locker room was indoors but still inside the gated pool area. It was all gated in, if that makes sense. Anyway it was getting late and we were the only ones left at the pool and hot tub so we then went into the locker rooms and changed our clothes and goofed off for a little bit. I remember someone saying "we better go, they are going to lock us in" as we all laughed that statement off we soon walked out to the pool area as we noticed that all the lights were off. We made our way to the 12 foot high gate and noticed a large chainlink, padlock around the gate. Yes, indeed, we were locked IN the pool. There was no other way out. Katie started to panic and because Katie was having a small panic attack Caecee started to freak out as well. I started to laugh HISTERICALLY (I laugh in almost every situation, something is wrong with me). We yelled and for help but no one could hear us. We were definitely all alone and locked in. It was late, dark and very cold with wet hair. I then got the number to the time share office and we called them. I have video of the conversation but it takes too long to upload to my blog. This is the conversation---Katie: hi, we are locked in your pool Front Desk: Um, our pool and hot tub is locked for the night Katie: Yes, I understand that, we are locked INSIDE of the pool Front Desk: oh, i am so sorry ma'am, we will send someone up right away. We were then free'd from the pool as a maintenance worker came and unlocked the gate. This may not sound like a very interesting story. You had to be there. It was utterly, one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me. We were locked inside the pool for quite sometime before I stopped laughing and decided to call the time share office. We laughed the whole way home about our experience. I will never forget the image of~ Katie panicking, then Caecee started to freak out and the words "we are locked in, locked in a pool, how are we going to get out?" along with some other choice words~ out of my head, so funny! Moral of the story---do not sneak into hot tubs that you are not authorized to be in or you will get locked IN! We are trouble makers, we can't help it. I swear, everywhere we go something very unique happens to us, especially in Park City, I decided, it must be the high altitude that does strange things to us. I absolutely love it!!! We sure do keep life interesting! Here are a few pictures from our great experience... what fun times!!!
This was taken moments before we realized that we were locked INSIDE the pool area


This is us, locked inside of the pool


That is Caecee with her disappointed face as she looks upon the very large lock on the gate


Goofing off in the locker room


You just can't give us a camera, especially in a locker room or somewhere with a mirror, we get carried away ;)

No comments: