This Saturday I had the great opportunity to go to my stake Women's conference. I'm so glad I went (thanks to El Presidente' for saving me a seat;) it was such a great experience! I've never laughed so hard at a 'fireside' before, and it was so so so spiritual.
Hilary Weeks, who is a famous LDS singer, spoke and performed a few times. She has a great voice and has some serious piano skills. She gave an absolutely hilarious and inspiring talk. She talked about the power of positive thinking. I could go into much more detail and try to explain but I wouldn't do her justice. All I have to say it was great! Close to the heart and very powerful!
Kris Belcher, who has written two books mostly about trials and how we can learn and grow through them "Hard Times and Holy Places". She talked about her struggles with going blind and how she has dealt with that being a mother, wife, and a normal person. So inspiring and listening to her sure makes my trials seem so small. She was also absolutely hilarious.
All in all, it was such a great experience and I wasn't going to go but I am SO SO SO happy that I did. It was so fun to laugh a lot and at the same time, have such a spiritual experience. I'm very grateful that I had the opportunity to hear these amazing women speak! There were sooooooo many wonderful things said that it's hard to pick a "favorite" line, but one thing in particular that hit me harder than normal is this;
"He will not leave you comfortless".
Here's to the power of hope! Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment