Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prematurely offensive

{I may or may not have thought about posting a picture of an old lady flipping the bird and then I may or may not have decided that just might be a little over the top just to prove a point.}   ;)

I've discovered something more so in the past week than I ever have before. . . You get older and you just stop caring if you offend people. Not a good thing. I think I'm prematurely becoming this way. Isn't that what old ladies do? You know, you turn 80 and you can say whatever you want because you're old and who is really going to get offended by an 80 year old?
 I like to think that I have a hippie spirit. You know, happy-go-lucky, just want everyone to get along, don't sweat the small stuff, peace in everything. . . HAHA I'm so NOT any of those things. Except, I really don't like contention. I would like it if everyone got along. On the flip side- I'm a total fighter and I do find myself purposely picking fights (working on it!). {I'm going to blame it on being a redhead}.
Anyway, back on topic- do you ever find yourself listening to a conversation and tyring soooo hard not to say how you feel about the subject because you know it will offend those engaging in the conversation? Yeah, story of my life and I'm sick of biting my tongue! Of course, I think you should have social etiquette and obviously not say e v e r y t h i n g  that you are thinking. But wouldn't the world be a little different and perhaps less offense would happen if we said how we felt WHILE understanding that others may have opposing opinions. I don't ever want to purposely hurt someones feelings and offend them, but I also want to be able to voice my opinions. Happy medium? Maybe, agree to disagree instead of going with the flow in fear of offending?
Nah, forget it. I'm right and that's just the end of it. ;)
Here's to prematurely becoming offensive! Cheers!

{Just so I don't start false rumors, I do NOT flip the bird. I'm not that far gone. . . yet.}

No comments: