Hello! By now I'm sure you've all heard about Pinterest. It's the most wonderful thing. My hair therapist, Amber told me about it. She told me that she thought I would really like it. So a few weeks later I checked it out. Oh my. She was right. I loved it! I'm kind of addicted. Although after the first few weeks, the addiction started to calm down. Anyway, I'm proud to say that I HAVE made something that I've found on Pinterest.
I made a scarf and a cardigan both of which were no sew projects because, I don't sew. They turned out great! No pictures though, sorry. I also made this fabulous stool. I got the idea from Pinterest but I do have to say mine turned out better because I modified the idea to my liking. . . it was so easy! I found an old stool, spray painted it the color I wanted (it's actually a much darker purple, the pic shows it lighter than it is-it's really more of a plum color) and with some super glue and a record-BAM! You have an awesome stool! Perfect for playing the guitar too! I would really love to find 3 more of the same stool and do them different colors!
Other News:
My obsession that has been going on for a couple of months now, records. Love 'em. I have a seriously bad habit of stopping at various thrift shops just to dig through the records. Sometimes you don't find anything good, but every once in a while I find a good one and it makes it worth it! And being the germaphobe that I am, I bring them home and give them a bath in hand sanitizer! Sadly, the record player that I dug out of our storage is broken. I'm saving up to buy myself one of those fancy ones that play cds, tapes, radio, and records!
Here is some BIG news. . . are you ready? I have been caffeine free for 5 days and counting. Coming from the Caffeine Queen, that's huge news. Not really sure why I decided to go off. Still love me a good ol' Cherry Pepsi, but only in moderation I suppose. It actually hasn't been too bad. Caffeine withdrawals usually manifest themselves in the form of headaches and since I get migraines anyway, I was nervous! But I just made sure I had my headache medicine from the doctor and I've only had to take it twice! Unfortunately, I've started another addiction to replace caffeine. Grape juice. Oh well, still better than soda right? Maybe one day I'll be addicted to water. That's the goal anyway. ;)


1 comment:
LOVE that stool! Holy cow girl.. You rock!
Letter A
Post a Comment