Grandma, Me, and my mom! Three generations!
The Queen, Reba!
Last Saturday, April 2nd my mom, grandma, and I went to the George and Reba concert! I love ALL kinds of music but Reba has got to be one of my absolute favorites. We've been anticipating this concert for such a looonnng time! Tickets to this concert was my Christmas gift to my mom and grandma. Since tickets went on sale shortly after Christmas, it's been a long wait! I was a little worried when I bought tickets because they were way out of my price range but it was soooo worth it! If you aren't a country music fan and you've been hiding under a rock for the past 30 years and you aren't sure who these legends are, look them up! Reba is the Queen of country music and George is the King. They've been in the business for a long time! Reba has done everything from Broadway, to her own tv show, to movies, and of course she's made hundreds of number 1 hit songs. George has also made countless records.
I have seen both Reba and George in concert more than once. . . but never together! In the country music world, it was legendary! I love Reba, and always have! First, she's one of my people (redhead), her music is history making, and she is so entertaining live! George's music is great as well, although he is a little less entertaining to watch perform. It cool because the next day was the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas and Reba was hosting them so she was talking about that, which was fun to hear her talk about then watch them the next day!
So now that I've introduced them. . . I'll get on with the point of this post (I get distracted easily). I got all cowgirled up. I had my cowboy boots, my cowboy shirt, and sporting "the higher the hair the closer to heaven" country music theme goin' on! My grandma, mom, and I went up to Salt Lake early. We ate at this yummy southwestern grill place and it was quite good! We then headed over to the Energy Solutions Arena (I still call it the Delta Center, whatever). We looked at all the tour buses, and hung out around the radio stations for a bit then we headed inside! We went to our awesome seats (so worth the money) in the almost sold out 21,000 show! And the show started! LeeAnn Womack opened the show, she sings "I hope you dance". . . you should know that song, it's in quite a few movies. Then Reba came out. It was so awesome! She put on a great show, she hits the craziest notes without even breaking a sweat. And all I have to say is I hope I can move like she does when I'm 56, heck, I wish I could move like that now!! For an old school country music singer you wouldn't think it would be too wild but it was pretty rockin'! She also had Barbra Jean (Melissa Peterman) from the Reba tv show come out and do a comedy bit and it was hilarious! I was laughing so hard! Reba was so personable with the audience. Then the encore was my favorite part of the entire night! No one will know what I'm talking about unless you're a hard core country music fan but in Reba's "Fancy" music video it starts with her in an old taxi, so while that music video started to play on the screen, Reba came back out in a real taxi! She drove the taxi on stage! It was so awesome, the whole crowd was freaking out. . . heck, I freaked out! She sang the crap out of the encore songs! Then George came on stage and he sang a bunch of songs, he just played one after another! It was a great concert. So legendary and they'll probably never tour together again!
Reba's encore, "Fancy", when she drove the taxi onto stage! Awesome!
Reba
Melissa Peterman (Barbra Jean) and Reba doing a funny comedy bit!
We got a huge bang for a buck! LeeAnn played for about half hour or 45 minutes and Reba played for an hour and a half. Which is a concert in and of itself. Then George played for about an hour and a half! It was so great! And what a fun way to spend time with my grandma and my mom and celebrating Christmas in April, no less. We all love Reba and George! I headed home with a scratchy/lost voice from screaming and it was all so worth it! What a great night!
Here a few more pictures, I would post video that I took but you can mostly just here me screaming, and I think I embarrass myself enough on this blog as it is!
Enjoy!
Grandma stole my hat! She looks much better in it than I do!
Reba rockin' out!
Reba's encore.
King George!
That's me, yep I wore that hat. It even lights up. You should be jealous because I got a lot of compliments, looks, and pointing! Such a fun night!











No comments:
Post a Comment