I enjoy creating things, I think its good for a person to work on something and get the end result. For me, its a good stress reliever to create things. I usually get good ideas to repaint, reupholster, re-whatever but I never follow through with my ideas. Not enough time and mostly I'm afraid I'll just end up screwing it up. I usually have good intentions, it's just the outcomes that turn out to be not-so-good. Well, I followed through and it turned out to be great!
For a long time I've been wanting to reupholster my piano bench. It was not cute. So one day, I just did it. It only took me about 20 minutes at the most! It was a quick and easy makeover and it looks sooooo much better. I wanted something a little bit spunky but not something that wouldn't be a neutral color. I'm really into zebra print right now and I found the perfect fabric! I didn't take a "before" picture because my brain is just slow like that. But to give you a visual, the piano bench used to be a dingy, faded, 'pink' color- you know, the color of your great grandma's furniture.
And here is the "after" picture!
And here is the "after" picture!
Brown Zebra! Love it!
The never ending question of 'what to do with my shoes' has been the case for a couple of months now. I re-vamped my closet a couple of months ago and ever since then, I haven't had any room for my shoes. My closet is small, and so I put in a second bar for all of my clothes! Well, that leaves no room for shoes in the closet. I really don't have very many shoes, I have a lot of flip flops and a couple pair of boots. And boots take up a lot of room! I tried putting them all in decorative bins but it looked too cluttered for my liking. Then, I got this brilliant idea. I really like vintage stuff and I was talking to my mom about how I wanted an old trunk to put all of my shoes in. It would be a decorative piece that would serve some purpose! Then my mom remembered that my dad used to have one but we couldn't remember if we had gotten rid of it. So I went out and looked in the storage room and there it was! I was pretty excited. I did need a little bit of a make-over. It was blue and my room has white furniture and lavender walls! So I repainted it! It took awhile to tape everything off but it was worth it! All of the buckles and locks are slightly rusted giving it the vintage look, but a new coat of paint makes it pleasing to look at. Spray paint is awesome! I found the perfect, pearly white color too! It turned out to be the perfect thing for all of my shoes! They all fit and it even has a divider inside that makes it so once side is all of my shoes/flip flops and the other side is boots! It sits at the foot of my bed and I just love it!
The pictures are kind of bad but take a look!
Before
After
I also made a scarf. You know those popular scarfs that are out right now, they are lightweight and they are more of a spring scarf than a summer scarf!?! Well I have quite a few of them but I couldn't find a black one that I loved. So I just made one! It took me f o r e v e r. I'm glad I did it but I don't know if I'll ever do it again. It was really simple and cheap but the dang sewing machine wouldn't cooperate! So it took me much longer than it should have and it caused a lot of frustration. But the end result was good.
I'm not one for self portraits, it's embarrassing. But this is what the scarf looks like on!
P.S. I go to New York in 2 1/2 weeks and Jodi says it's been in the 70's and 80's! HAHA! Whoohoo!
The pictures are kind of bad but take a look!
Before
After
I also made a scarf. You know those popular scarfs that are out right now, they are lightweight and they are more of a spring scarf than a summer scarf!?! Well I have quite a few of them but I couldn't find a black one that I loved. So I just made one! It took me f o r e v e r. I'm glad I did it but I don't know if I'll ever do it again. It was really simple and cheap but the dang sewing machine wouldn't cooperate! So it took me much longer than it should have and it caused a lot of frustration. But the end result was good.
I'm not one for self portraits, it's embarrassing. But this is what the scarf looks like on!
P.S. I go to New York in 2 1/2 weeks and Jodi says it's been in the 70's and 80's! HAHA! Whoohoo!







1 comment:
That is awesome Amber I love it!!
Post a Comment