New Year's Eve was fun! A group of friends and I rang in the new year by playing games, watching movies, eating way too much food, and laughing a lot. I have no idea why the picture above is only of me, Caecee, and Holly. There were more people than that but I guess we're just the coolest :) My favorite part about New Year's Eve was wearing our awesome hats and 2011 glasses, watching the Backstreet Boys perform on "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve show" and as all of us girls sang, danced, and reminisced about which Backstreet Boy was the hottest, the boys talked about how ridiculous we were for still liking the Backstreet Boys and they just looked at us like we were crazy and they thought we were joking. . . Sorry boys, we totally weren't joking.
New Year's resolutions! Arg. We all make them and we all break them. Not sure how I feel about them. I think it's a great concept but it's hard to pick specific things that you want to acheive in a year. And it's hard to even remember what your "goals" are a week later (or on New Year's morning ha ha ha {that's me thinking I'm hilarious}). Nonetheless, it's hard to actually acheive those goals. I think to make New Year's resolutions you need to reflect on the previous year and think about where you want to be in the next year.
2010 was a crazy year. It went by SO fast. Faster than any other year it seems like. 2010 was a hard year but a good one. It was filled with a lot of new things for me. It was filled with a lot of change in my life. Some changes were bad and some were good. It was also filled with a lot of new opportunity for me. My first year out of high school (2009) was confusing. I couldn't figure out just where I fit in. I knew what I wanted to do with my life, I just couldn't figure out how to get on that track. I think in 2010 I found the start of that track. I feel like I'm starting to find my way. Maybe. Well, okay, I feel like I'm starting to start finding my way. Did you catch that? I'm still trying to figure out who I am but I know who I want to be.
Like I said, 2010 was hard, but so worth it. I acheived a lot of personal goals, and it was actually a pretty big year filled with sorrow and celebration. In 2010 I learned a lot of things. Just to name a few, I learned that it's okay to be "different", it's okay to take a different road than the "norm". I learned that if you've given someone too many chances and they continually bring you down, you don't have to give them more chances. You should still be friends with them but I learned that it's okay to not be "tight" with them. But in the same breath, I learned that some friends, no matter how many miles away will continue to be the greatest friends ever. I learned that life can change within a blink of an eye so we should take every second for granted. I also learned that worrying doesn't really do any good, we should take one day at a time and make the best of it. But. . . that's just to name a few things that I learned ;)
I hope that in 2011 (cough, cough, my New Year's resolutions) I will love, laugh, and live more. I want 2011 to be an adventure. I want to try new things and I want to change for the better. I want to find myself. But rather, fulfill myself (if that makes sense!?!). I want to minimize the bad days and maximize the good days. I want to let go of the past and be open minded and open hearted to the future. And most of all, I want to have fun! I wish you all a Happy New Year all year long.
Peace and blessings,
~Amber


No comments:
Post a Comment