Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Twenty Fourteen


Wow, how time flies. I can't even begin to recount what a crazy year it has been. The most wild ride of my entire life, that's for sure. You know, 2013 was hard. Good, but hard. I knew too many people who died, too many people who got divorced, and too many people who got sick. I have nursing school to thank for that. Despite all of the heartache, I am the happiest that I have ever been. Sure, I still have many improvements to make in my life that would make me happier, but I have true inner passion for life and that is such a beautiful thing. It has been a rough year to say the least, but I sure have learned a lot of life's lessons. 2013 also went by quicker than any year ever has. I am thankful to be facing 2014 with graduating in May. That feels amazing. And scary. Oh boy, I am terrified for this last semester. 
New Year's resolutions are for the birds. Have fun at the gym, suckers. :) My resolution is to keep on keepin' on. To live each day like it is my last. Experience more... Oh, and be on time and try to keep my room cleaner. It's the small things, you know. 
Here's to 2014!!! 

Christmas... Oh Christmas! Christmas break has been the best thing to happen to me in a very long time. I usually don't do so well with long breaks from school. I start to go stir-crazy in about 2 weeks. Not this time, I have thoroughly enjoyed every single day off. Too bad I was sick from Thanksgiving until Christmas, but still. I had some NASTY/DEVIL respiratory bug that wouldn't get out of my lungs. I am better now, but it took a long time. It feels so much better to be able to breathe!!!!!!!! As I get older, I am learning to simplify Christmas. This year especially, mostly because I was so sick. And you know what? It was an awesome Christmas. I hung out at home with my folks and watched Christmas movies. We drank hot chocolate, ate Christmas cookies, and snuggled up in blankets around the heater. Loved it!
Here a few pictures from the holidays, I hope ya'll had a great one.
2013 Christmas Card
 This is what I did on New Year's Day. It was the best!!!
 This is Lucy thinking she is Santa. This dog... you guys, she thinks she is a model.
 I made this deer head out of cardboard... Yep, I'm just a little bit of a redneck. It's in my blood, I can't help it.
 Okay. Blurry picture, I don't know why it uploaded like that. This is me and a cardboard, life size, stand up, Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty. I received this as a Christmas gift and it was probably the best gift EVER!!!!
Ho, Ho, Ho... from your favorite ho. Hahahaha, couldn't resist that one!!


No comments: