Friday, November 2, 2012

Groovy Halloween 2012



I love Halloween!!! I don't understand at all how you cannot like it. It is the best! Dressing up as whatever you want to be, candy, spooky, and all the fun decorations! Ah! It is my favorite holiday by far. I always feel bad saying that because then people think that I don't love Jesus because I like Halloween better than Christmas. I do love Jesus. . . I just prefer Halloween over the commercial side of Christmas. It's just the best! For the past few years we've been dressing up as a group and this year we had a difficult time. I'm blaming it on school, the nursing program is so insane and all of my brain cells are focused on nursing so I didn't have my Halloween on turned as high as I normally do. I did get all of my outside of my house decorated, but the inside suffered because we've been dealing with flooding damage all month. We were going to be bikers for Halloween but changed our minds the day before and decided to be hippies. It was fun and easy. I bought myself a fro wig and some peace sign jewelry. I already had a tie dye shirt, so it was simple. The boys wore wigs, Caecee wore a hippie long haired wig, and I wore a fro. We were quite the crew. I still think our last years KISS costumes were the bomb-diggity, but hippies was fun too. I had the day off which was SO NICE! When you work 2 days a week and go to school 4-5 days a week, a day off is soooooo nice. I went to lunch with my mom and went to her work where they have a big Halloween day of events. Then my friends and I went out to dinner and went to Nightmare on 13th. I was a little disappointed with Nightmare because it wasn't as scary as it has been in years past. I still yelled expletives in certain spots because those actors that blend in with the wall and then pop out in your face get me every time!! We had fun! Lucy even wore her "spooky" shirt all day, even my dog loves Halloween! ;) I'm so sad Halloween is over . . .  :( We celebrated ALL month long. We went to almost every haunted house in Utah and Salt Lake county. We went to Frightmares at Lagoon which is always such a great time. We didn't carve pumpkins this year, but we did buy small  hand held pie pumpkins and went down to the lake and whacked them with baseball bats! It was like playing softball, but with pumpkin guts flying everywhere. It was the BEST anger management/stress reliever! Caecee and I even went to the Nightmare Express which even scared me a few times even though it's really for kiddos. It was such a fun month, I'm already counting down until next year. I was so grouchy the day after Halloween. Darn that Halloween candy hangover! At least now we have black Friday to look forward to, Thanksgiving break from school which is going to be so nice to have a few days off. Oh yeah, and that whole thing about Thanksgiving, being thankful, and all of that stuff. ;) 
Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!!




No comments: