Saturday morning (28th) we got up early and headed over to Lehi for the parade. Since half of my family lives over in Lehi it was fun to see everyone. We sat right in front of my grandparents house and watched the rodeo. As for me, I just sat in the sun and drank my coke. But the little cousins got extremely excited when they would through candy and I must say they ended up with a big bag full of candy by the end! Afterwards we went to Chili's for lunch, yum! It was a great time with family! Saturday night Mac, Heather and I helped Grandma and Grandpa at the rodeo. They are on the activities committee for their ward so they were in charge of the concessions stand for every night, WOW it was tons of volunteer work. So I was in charge of the sno-cone machine. My brother (Mac) would put the ice in the machine and scoop the "sno" into a cup then there were four windows so the people at the four windows would shout to me what flavor and I would squirt the flavor in the cup and a runner would come grab it from me. It sounds like no big deal but it was crazy! By the end of the night I was covered from head to toe in sticky, my apron was drenched in different sno-cone flavors! We sold just at our booth alone, over 500 sno-cones, it was crazy! Even though it was a lot of work, it was well worth it, we had a great time serving together! Lehi Roundup was a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment